26.1.07

I Hear

I am hugely envious of my comrade in rock, Mohd Shukri Mohd Salleh aka Shuk...for posting a colllection of an interesting reads, sorta keeping the torch burning, and most importantly, inviting comments that are ever inspiring, encouraging and nostalgic. The Belantara Years is indeed the best days of my live. And I am thankful for every minute of it. Our life, then was truly without the preasure of dateline and deadline,.. such little responsibility yield huge amount of energy to be creative. Every passing of the lyric and song that we wrote, was sincerely driven by it and only it, never and not,by the promises of money or fame. Unfortunately, right after Infinity, somehow, I buckled under preasure of starting a man's life, so much so that meaningful word has chosen to abandon me!And I've become creatively, for lack of better word, bankrupt!I look long and I quest hard throughout the lost and confused years....and there was and still is, Shuk!His loyalty to Belantara knows no boundry, acting like a glue that binds us; me, Aziz and all of u Belantaryan out there!There's also the music that encapsulate all of us in time, preserving certain chapter and passage of our youthful story with it, echoed in the distant,and I hear much support for the band. And I sincerely wish for Belantara to remain. For the first time after a very long time, I was exposed to a glimps that is all seems very familiar to me, so vivid that we were convinced to trace the route to Belantara's origin, hence the trip to Kuantan to see Aziz late last year.His trademark sound and color are still pointing to that musical direction that had started it all. I had a realization....... Borrowed as it is,the time is drawing nearer, and I hear that gentle purr of engine of creation running deep within, and somewhere between my heart and my mind there are still plenty of things to tell, to share and of course, to sing......Insyallah.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Zaid, Aziz & Shuk....

For god sake, PLEASE record an album and show yourselves to all the Belantaryan out there...please get out of your so-called "underground" world... we really need u guys to save our music industry from those posers...AKU PERLUKAN PERTOLONGAN MU, TAK SANGGUP DIRI INI, MENJADI MANGSAMU..PERINTAH BERKURUNG...

1/2/07 4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! finally you guy still exist believe even the time i wrote this i'm still listening to your album...dude you guys had to record an album if not come up with asingle or what..all this 'empty' years had been filled by 'alien' music even the legendary search is covered by those outsiders music..come on man show off the 'taring' of yours....i'd also been thinking if this does not happen maybe in near future i would like to record one whole album of yours (since its so hard to find anywhere!!) just like dream theater play the whole iron maiden ,metallica and pink flyod album... ...DIKAU MEMBUNUHKU...HENTIKAN SAYANG...

peace love and happiness
http://www.myspace.com/sahmura

21/2/07 4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, it's indeed an honor to be reading your msg.Keep the candle lit, and keep on believing, Godwilling, we hope to come up with something real soon.Thanks again for being whoever u are and from the bottom of my heart I salute u!Godbless...Zaid

23/2/07 5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zaid...

can't wait to hear ur new material...tajam kukumu, umpama pedang yang baru ditempah...

26/2/07 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zaid, can't wait to hear ur new materials... tajam kukumu, umpama pedang yang baru ditempah...

26/2/07 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A'kum,,,

Zaid...Shukri....

What can i say...."SAYUP..SUARA MU DI HATI ..KU RAKAM DI HATI.."

My name is Kashfullah bin Amaluddin. Frankly speaking, i was just been informed of this blog and what a relief to be able to get in touch (hopefully) with you guys...

All my belantara's albums were stolen by a college of mine (sickening) somewhat 9 years ago and since that day till now i can't forgive him...

Belantara has revolutionized my view in music in the sense of patriotisme and Islamic spiritualisme....Guys , it will be an honour to me if you guys could contact me in person via my hp 019-2631417 or via email kashfullah@gmail.com.

You are the only musical group in Malaysia that has the sense of direction and "perjuangan"...I ranked you guys at par level or shall i say...better than U2...

I love your musics and mostly..your song's lyrics..

It was 1989 when I first listen to your music...(kinda borrowed "Srikandi album" from my roomate during my MRSM Perlis collegehood)..The first song aired to my ears was.."Menari di dalam hujan" and I was outrageously impressed even till this moment..

Pls contact me...Please...

Jazzakallahukhaironkhathiro ya akhie..

19/4/09 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home